Here’s what I say to vaccine shamers and screamers who think I’m being irresponsible, stupid, a murderer, etc., by not getting the COVID vaccine: I’m waiting to make my decision until it’s out of the experimental phase and officially approved by the FDA.
Then if they press on (and they usually do), I continue that thought with: Right now it’s in experimental testing phase three and I’d rather not be a subject in that trial.
Then if they continue to press or start using shaming language (and they usually do), I just remain calm and start asking the following questions, usually in this order:
- Which one did you get?
- Why did you choose that one?
- How much independent research did you do on that one prior to receiving it?
- What side effects did you experience?
- On a scale of 0-10, how protected do you feel you are against getting COVID now?
- On a scale of 0-10, how confident are you that you won’t give COVID to someone else?
- On a scale of 0-10, how protected do you feel you are against COVID variants now?
- On a scale of 0-10, how fearful are you of me giving you COVID?
- On a scale of 0-10, how concerned are you about long-term effects and future side effects?
- When you got your shot(s), did you also know at that time that you would need additional booster shots and/or yearly shots?
- Why are you so adamant that I get vaccinated?
- Which one would you recommend for me?
It’s been said, “Truth does not mind being questioned. A lie does not like being challenged.”